Free software for image recovery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballistics

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
I accidentally deleted images before I backed them up and was curious if there was freeware for recovery?

My issue is, the recovery software I have needs the cards in a reader. And since my reader fried I've been using my camera to transfer my images so these programs will not recover from my camera.

MjM Recovery.

Not sure if it works hooked up to a camera.

BTW, prepare for this thread to be inundated with spammers, who think Forum Rules don't apply to them, hawking their software.
mw_spam.gif

I can't remeber what software I used but it was free. If I remember I will let you. It took a complete three days to finish. I even pulled pictures from years before.

I can't remeber what software I used but it was free. If I remember I will let you. It took a complete three days to finish. I even pulled pictures from years before.

See post #3.

Does anyone know if these work for a memory stick that may be water damaged? A friend dropped her camera in water while on vacation and is looking to recover the vacation photos taken up until that point. Thanks in advance for any suggestions/recommendations.

Recuva really does have a free version. All of the way through recovering the files
Recuva - Download

You can't write software with a 'water-soaked card' option. You either are able to recover the images or not, depending on the damage done by the water and any chemicals in it. I'd suggest removing the actual guts of the card from the case and making sure it's totally dry and free of debris. Of course, doing this may introduce more damage, but it's something I would be willing to try.

Not only can the images be recovered, there have been cases of cameras sitting in the ocean (read: salt water) for years and the images were still recovered without the need for special software.

Does anyone know if these work for a memory stick that may be water damaged? A friend dropped her camera in water while on vacation and is looking to recover the vacation photos taken up until that point. Thanks in advance for any suggestions/recommendations.

Put it in silica gel or rice for a week before you try. If it's a CF card chances are more than good it will work. If it's an SD card chances are pretty good.

Thanks, I will pass this along to my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back