What's new

freemont street

poof

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 6, 2009
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Location
Islamorada, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My family and I went to Freemont St. last night on our last night in Vegas.
I found two subjects that were way more interesting than the drunks and flashing lights. What do you think?

1-1.jpg




1-3.jpg



I sometimes have trouble with deciding the right level of brightness.
 
I love both of these shots, excellent in my opinion.
 
I like the first one best. The black & white works nicely. I probably would have dialled it up a bit to make it more dramatic, like so.

FreemontStPoof.jpg
 
Both awesome shots.
 
Thanks guys.

I like your edit lazy. Seems like I could get something similar with the definition and contrast sliders in LR3. What did you do?

What do you guys think about the brightness? I'm often working in very different environments, but always on one of the new Macbooks.
It's tough to know how what I'm seeing will translate.

I'm a musician and audio engineer by profession and translation is the single biggest issue in mixing a record. Once you know that what your hearing is not being overly influenced by the acoustics of the environment in which you are listening, you can become very creative and know that a reasonably true to intent result will be heard by listeners in whatever environment they happen to be listening. The same seems to be true in photography. If not, more so.


Sorry.

It's late. I'm rambling.

What's the best way to determine how bright my display should be in different situations?
 
I actually like the original better, but maybe the brightness does need to come down just a hair?

That beard is awsome!! I hope this doesn't sound strange, but it's very pleasing to look at and really makes this picture unique.

The relationship between the guy and the dog seems very apparent.... just a great story-telling capture.

Sorry, I CC'd twice, but I just had to say how much I love these to shots.
 
I love this pictures. Their faces say more than any words ever could.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom