What's new

Fresh Snow

Warhorse

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
2,733
Reaction score
897
Location
Michigan
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did I capture the image of "fresh snow" in this shot?

DSC_0004_zpsa1827df5.jpg
 
It doesn't seem that you did, sorry but that's just MHO. The snow is underexposed and I just don't feel like that's fresh.
 
Thanks, that is what I need to know.
 
you have to full your camera when shooting snow, you need to overexpose
 
Edit

$Screen Shot 2014-01-18 at 7.48.39 PM.webp
 
Last edited:
Maybe brighten it up some, since your camera might have been reading the light and the bright snow instead of the light where the branch is. I'd make copies and try cropping a little, along the bottom to remove the dark area below the branch, and then crop the side(s) to balance the image.
 
Yeah: lots of snow = 1 to 1-1/2 stops overexposure. All that white confuses the meter and it tries to make the snow grey.
 
Thanks, Now I am getting the idea about the white snow needing to be under exposed. Oops...I mean OVER exposed.

I will try again tomorrow on the "stale snow". ;)
 
I think I got the exposure "right" this time, thanks for the help.

DSC_0022_zps5f654581.jpg
 
It also helps the colors out quite a bit.

DSC_0017_zps1f1ebe83.jpg
 
Last edited:
Before and after...
snow_zps528af911.jpg


snow2_zpsea450b92.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom