Friday Night Fireworks

benlonghair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So it was a great night for fireworks, and I have a great spot to watch them in Killingly, CT. Here's a couple of shots I got. They are both full frame, uncropped. The bright glow is the guys setting them off and the lines in the bottom are cars going by on the highway.

Taken with a tripod, bulb setting and a remote.

4756034049_76bfa26b3e_b.jpg

(Looks better on black.)

4756669988_de4c26cbdb_b.jpg

(Looks better on black.)

i like these, but i wish the shutter speed wasn't as long, especially for the first one. at first glance i thought it was OOF. i like the way the blue firework in the second came out. ut the gold sparkly ones don't look good with such a long exposure. try again tonight with a different shutter speed

i like these, but i wish the shutter speed wasn't as long, especially for the first one. at first glance i thought it was OOF. i like the way the blue firework in the second came out. ut the gold sparkly ones don't look good with such a long exposure. try again tonight with a different shutter speed

Shutter speed's got very little to do with it. The aperture is what controls the exposure of the fireworks. The first one is a 7.8 @ f/5.6 sec exposure, and the second one is 5.9 @ f/6.3. (The only thing shutter speed effects in these photos is the background's exposure, which is just how I wanted it.)

And really, there was no exposure, just me opening and closing the shutter with my remote. Both captured what I wanted them to capture, the full extent of at least one of the shells in the shot.

Last year I had problems with getting half an explosion. This year was better.

If you look at the original shot (huge file) it's in focus.

I like them, not as much as the lady who posted hers but still, I like them

The blue one is cool in the second and I love the glow from them setting them off

cheers.

Shutter speed's got very little to do with it. The aperture is what controls the exposure of the fireworks. The first one is a 7.8 @ f/5.6 sec exposure, and the second one is 5.9 @ f/6.3. (The only thing shutter speed effects in these photos is the background's exposure, which is just how I wanted it.)

And really, there was no exposure, just me opening and closing the shutter with my remote. Both captured what I wanted them to capture, the full extent of at least one of the shells in the shot.

Last year I had problems with getting half an explosion. This year was better.

If you look at the original shot (huge file) it's in focus.

a longer shutter speed is what's capturing the motion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back