Friendly suggestion: Way too much Advertisements!

Raj_55555

Indian God of Photography
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rajarshiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If this isn't the case for everyone, please lock the thread; but I'm not getting this on any other sites so I doubt it's an adware.

I know TPF has to earn its keep, and I have never had any problems with the ads posted here, but when you see more adverts than content, you know there's a problem. I am making this post as I've seen the same things once five years back on Devshed forums, and the results were not good for them. I remember very well, about seven to eight leading contributors of the forum decided to leave the forum at once for this reason, and the forum was eventually sold off. I also remember the new management came in and immediately put a stop on this, but most of the members who left never came back (we had a thread about it).
Now don't get me wrong, this place means way too much to me, and it'll take much more than a few ads to stop me from visiting; I'd just install an adblock. I'd just hate TPF to become one of those sites!

The ads don't just come once, even if you skip them it returns every time I move from one tab to the next and come back.
Again, very sorry if this is happening only with me!

problem2.jpg

problem 1.jpg

There are ads?????????????

LOL

Adblocker :)
As I said, I'd use an adblocker and not think twice. But these ads (in the middle) weren't there earlier, at least not for members. These are bound to reduce traffic eventually, this is just a suggestion and nothing else! :)

hey... my avatar is too small comparing to these adds!!!

yes, that's all I've noticed in this post ;)

If this isn't the case for everyone, please lock the thread; but I'm not getting this on any other sites so I doubt it's an adware.

I know TPF has to earn its keep, and I have never had any problems with the ads posted here, but when you see more adverts than content, you know there's a problem. I am making this post as I've seen the same things once five years back on Devshed forums, and the results were not good for them. I remember very well, about seven to eight leading contributors of the forum decided to leave the forum at once for this reason, and the forum was eventually sold off. I also remember the new management came in and immediately put a stop on this, but most of the members who left never came back (we had a thread about it).
Now don't get me wrong, this place means way too much to me, and it'll take much more than a few ads to stop me from visiting; I'd just install an adblock. I'd just hate TPF to become one of those sites!

The ads don't just come once, even if you skip them it returns every time I move from one tab to the next and come back.
Again, very sorry if this is happening only with me!

View attachment 104238

View attachment 104241
I've never seen an ad on this site. I'm using Firefox as a browser, with some of their privacy tools added - all free - on an old Macbook Pro.

How odd, I'm not running any adblock software (beyond what ever might be default in opera) and I'm not seeing any ads like that. Could you detail your browser and version; might be some glitch is making ads appear far more or in the wrong way than normal.

On second thought, looks like your using chrome...You may have installed an extension by accident?

or

Also run a malware scan, could potentially be a virus.

what i find stranger is flipping through the personal gallery and seeing the option of download or share at the top of every photo. You would think the site would take SOME precautions.

How odd, I'm not running any adblock software (beyond what ever might be default in opera) and I'm not seeing any ads like that. Could you detail your browser and version; might be some glitch is making ads appear far more or in the wrong way than normal.
you all really need to lock down security for photos on this site, just sayn. If you want people to post here at all. Or at least anything of any caliber. Facebook has more precautions. A photo site where photos can be easily copied and downloaded is kind of a farce. sure, we can post low quality or lesser images. But i don't think that is what the goal is here, is it?

Bribrius that's a separate issue - furthermore the same download option is present on flickr.

If you want to debate that start a new thread

Bribrius that's a separate issue - furthermore the same download option is present on flickr.

If you want to debate that start a new thread
nothing to debate. Pretty cut and clear. whether the site admins look for avenues to fix it is another matter. I don't use flikr. I don't care what flikr does.

Ps I think those ads are supposed to be appearing at the bottom of the page - under the "similar threads" tab. Maybe try clearing your web-cash and updating your browser - might just be a small glitch that occurred when the site was loading up one time

Ps I think those ads are supposed to be appearing at the bottom of the page - under the "similar threads" tab. Maybe try clearing your web-cash and updating your browser - might just be a small glitch that occurred when the site was loading up one time
Could be, I just installed an ad blocker and it's fine for me. My only intention was for the TPF admin team to know about this, so it's all good from my side :)

I'm currently on my work Mac, where I don't have an ad blocker installed. I have no ads at the bottom anywhere near the "similar threads" listing, but I *do* have an ad that shows at the top of the page, and one that shows on the right side in the "sidebar" area. I thought you might just be onto something, with the idea that perhaps the ads had a glitch and weren't showing in the right place for Raj...BUT, he ALSO has ads in the "normal" spots, the same as mine.

I've not had a single "pop-up" sort of ad show up, Raj. Methinks perhaps you have some sort of malware/virus thing going on.

Most reactions

Back