Well I can tell you that when my wife and I had our engagement pictures, the photographers (who were excellent by the way) told us before we even started that the better we listened and the more natural we were, the better our shots would come out. They were totally right.
Being a photographer myself, I spent allot of time talking with these guys and they were funny. They were saying that many times, they have to struggle just to get people to smile, or to look a certain direction. The fact is many people need coaching, you know, (put your hand in your pocket, put your weight on your back foot, push your chest out, tilt your head, and so on...)
as far as the photos go, #1 the background is just wicked distracting #2 looks as if you photoshopped the groom out of the photo

, there is just allot of empty space #3 is by far the best shot. It is an excellent candid shot, although I do think it could be sharper (I know you said you were going for the soft look, but I think the bride is alittle too soft, especially her teeth.) #4 the bottle is distracting and the color seems a tad off #5 Truthfully, I like the lines, but I think that the weather wasn't helping you that day, I think it may have worked alittle better had you been alittle closer to the bride to create alittle more depth of field. #6 The photo itself is technically good, the brides expression is lovely as well. The groom however is leaning in with his neck. This is the hard part because its difficult to control peoples body language. I think maybe if he stood up straighter, and brought his chest out alittle that would make all the difference in the world. Also, someone else said this, but this shot would be much better in portrait. Just my two cents and I'm no pro. Good shooting and post future results.