What's new

From a Day at the Train Graveyard

The_Pearl_Poet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 25, 2012
Messages
303
Reaction score
72
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't really know what to think about this shot. Comments and critiques are appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • $Locomotive Web Version.webp
    $Locomotive Web Version.webp
    161.8 KB · Views: 184
Works for me!
 
Good composition and there are some nice textures and colors in there, but the light was awful. If you can go back on a cloudy day or very early/late in the day you will see that you will get more detail in the shadows and the highlights will be less bleached out.

I particularly like the hardware on the front of the train being in the corner to anchor the image.
 
Thanks for the responses. I took these around midday because this train museum is only open during the middle of the day, but I will try going back when lighting conditions are better.
 
Oh, the macro abstracts I would love to do there!!
 
Oh, the macro abstracts I would love to do there!!

^+1
Oooooh, yeah!! The shapes, the textures, the colors...I need to find me a train yard!

I agree with the others. I like the idea of this photo, I like the composition, and I like the car in the foreground, but I don't like how blown out some of the background cars are. And I really, really, REALLY wanna take my macro lens down there!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom