What's new

From a mechanical standpoint...

Vicelord John

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
359
Reaction score
0
Location
Phoenix
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tried this shot with a variation of different ISO, f, and shutter speed settings and just couldn't get it to look the way I wanted it to. Let's not talk about composition as I was just practicing.

The whole thing looks bad to me and I think because of the propane heaters were eating up all the light.... whats your take on this?

DSC_0517.jpg
 
What did you want it to look like?
tj
 
better.....

the lights on the tree also look kind of blurry to me. The camera was resting on a block wall so it wasn't an issue of it moving. The photo just does not look crisp to me.
 
A good hint for shooting Christmas lights is to shoot a little before sunset. Some ambient light from the setting sun helps balance the background and the trees. It looks more like the Christmas lights are the main light source in the scene.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom