From a recent family portrait shoot

Jeepnut28

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
277949445_9d92b7a28d.jpg

thoughts?

I love this shot. I've been trying to do sillhoutes (SP) for some time, and they just don't seem to work too well for me. This is great!

That's a framer! The subtle hues are gorgeous!
If anything, I'd lop off 1/4 of the black area at the bottom.

jocose said:
I love this shot. I've been trying to do sillhoutes (SP) for some time, and they just don't seem to work too well for me. This is great!

I was just taught sillhouttes this month by a pro..........now I am obsessed with them...this was a one of the only non posed shots I took. In fact I was taking photos of the father and son and I turned around and saw her entertaining the baby by doing this....i told her "wait, do that again, give me a sec to change some settings"...then snap I got it.

that's a great silhouette... really nice capture. so, what was the advice the pro gave you? do share. ;) the only way I can think to try would be to meter for the surrounding sky/light source.

i agree somewhat with w. smith above, although I might be tempted to try cropping all of the black off the bottom. go in tight and crop out the tree and rooftops. might help the comp some. then again... it might not - i like it as is too. :)

JTHphoto said:
that's a great silhouette... really nice capture. so, what was the advice the pro gave you? do share. ;) the only way I can think to try would be to meter for the surrounding sky/light source.

i agree somewhat with w. smith above, although I might be tempted to try cropping all of the black off the bottom. go in tight and crop out the tree and rooftops. might help the comp some. then again... it might not - i like it as is too. :)

he showed me to meter in the mid ground between the hot and cold spots.....he showed me to put my light source right behind the subject and where the exposure should be set at to drop everything to black.......obviously you underexpose the photograph.

Most reactions

Back