What's new

from filmmaking to photography

matt2k12

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 4, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
switzerland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello im matt, i found this forum through google. good to see forums still exist and not just subreddits ... :D

i am a photography noob. i come from filmmaking, and just recently thought why not make photos too since my camera is capable of it (and i dont have moving objects always) ... hope to grow a bit here . im especially interested in framing and light ... the fundamentals of exposure i also need to relearn (exposure in film seems so much easier to handle..)

if anyones interested at all .. this is a short i made a while ago:


looking forward to be part of this community
 
G'day Matt

Firstly a WELCOME mate to the forum & our 'nice mob' of enthusiasts

and 'yes' we are finding that more and more new cameras are incorporating increasing amounts of video capabilities ... thus your film-making experiences could become very useful to others here

Phil
 
Welcome. Nice video. I;ve cocmbined stills and short videos clips into shows such as this using Adobe Premiere Elements. What programs do you use?
 
Welcome. Nice video. I;ve cocmbined stills and short videos clips into shows such as this using Adobe Premiere Elements. What programs do you use?

nice video. the music is certainly fitting the atmosphere :)
i use final cut mainly. i figure all programs are more or less the same, if u can work good with one, you will achieve very good results.. if i were to learn from scratch id learn davinci or avid like the big guys
 
nice video. the music is certainly fitting the atmosphere :)
i use final cut mainly. i figure all programs are more or less the same, if u can work good with one, you will achieve very good results.. if i were to learn from scratch id learn davinci or avid like the big guys
Well, your video and music are very sweet, romantic, sensual. Nicely done. Most of my videos are just from vacation trips I've taken, parties, and family stuff. The fireman video was from a field trip my 55+ Community Men's Club attended where we live in New Jersey, taken with a cellphone. When I vacation, I only take a small digital Sony that shoots 4K and 20mb stills. I play the created video slide show back on my 75" 4K TV and it;s really very good. I dump the video on a SD card that I plug into the TV USB jack to show to unsuspecting visitors at a moment's notice. "How'd you like to see my trip to the Louvre?" ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom