From the Early Days

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In 2001 I was still shooting film but had been teaching Photoshop for nearly a decade. The digital camera future was coming into focus and I decided it was time to start experimenting. I bought my first digital camera; a 4.1 megapixel Sony DSC S85 Cybershot. Nikon had released the D1X that year with a staggering 5 megapixels. 6 megapixels was right around the corner. I spent the next 4 years taking my time and slowly making the transition until in 2005 I stopped all film use and moved up to 10 megapixels and raw file capability with a Sony R1 soon to be replaced in 2008 with a Canon 5dmkii.

So the pandemic is giving me (too much) extra time to go back and do some organizing and cleaning up. Here's 6 photos from that original 4.1 megapixel Cybershot.

early-tech-02.jpg

early-tech-04.jpg

early-tech-01.jpg

early-tech-06.jpg

early-tech-03.jpg

early-tech-05.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! It's probably the built in lens affecting sharpness more than the Megapixels. I got an old Nikon D100 free when I bought a lens from a guy on Craigslist. I think it's 5.1 MP, but I attached my Nikon 135mm f/2 D/DC lens and it was as sharp as my D750. I wouldn't want to crop in much though!

That's a wonderful set! I like #2 for the color, and #4 for the reflection, but they are all nice.
Thanks -- I'm especially happy with #4 as well. I actually took that photo flipped horizontally but knew I'd flip it in post.
Nice! It's probably the built in lens affecting sharpness more than the Megapixels. I got an old Nikon D100 free when I bought a lens from a guy on Craigslist. I think it's 5.1 MP, but I attached my Nikon 135mm f/2 D/DC lens and it was as sharp as my D750. I wouldn't want to crop in much though!
Thanks.
Very good set.....
Thanks.
-

… really dig 5 and 6!
Out in the Gulf of Mexico -- June 2003.

Do you remember where you took #1 at?

Do you remember where you took #1 at?
Oh yes, low water in the Mississippi. There's an overlook in Missouri just north of Cape Girardeau at Trail of Tears State Park. Here's the Google Map coordinates: 37.46495217765573, -89.47401639225508

I thought that looked familiar to me. I live near the Cape area and have been to that spot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back