What's new

From the Lighthouse

bethanyb

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Location
NY
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
windward_side.jpg


moon_ocean.jpg


lighthouse_stars.jpg


makapuu_lighthouse.jpg


koko_head.jpg


moon_stars_rock.jpg
 
#1 is really cool! I like how bright the clouds are and the light that snakes around the cliffs and beaches.
 
Different for sure. The last would have been great - nice composition.
 
those look like long exposures but there is no blur from the stars. The second image looks upside down.

True, and true. The exposures are 30 seconds long max, which will blur clouds (which were trucking along at an impressive speed that night because of high winds) but not stars. Several of the shots are multiple exposures blended together, which was necessary when I had to do things like make sure the background was evenly exposed, yet control really bright light sources like the lighthouse and the moon. And yes, the second image is upside down. I like it, but I'd also like to hear your opinion.

awesome shots, where were they taken from
They were taking along the Makapuu Lighthouse trail on Oahu, in Hawaii. It was a pretty full moon that night, so we could see enough not to walk off of any cliffs, thank god.

Everybody else, thanks! I know they're different.. I kind of like it that way. :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom