From where to begin?

naviobb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

My name is Navi, and I'm 19 years old. From a long time, I've been thinking of taking photography in a serious way. As photography is related to cinematography in movies, I thought it would be a good addition to my skills. I want to learn to the point that I can understand what the cinematographer is talking about. To be honest, I consider myself to be an below average amateur photographer. I don't know all those technical things like ISO, shutter speed etc. But I am trying to learn. I've been looking at the pictures of members here, and all of them are really talented.

So I want to know from where should a guy like me start? I've recently got Sony Cybershot - DSC W310 as a gift, and I'm planning to use it for some basic photography.

Below are some pictures that I clicked. All of them are clicked with my Nokia N72 mobile. Please give some feedback :)

Thanks

20qb9xu.jpg

2n0kbo5.jpg

nx5hkj.jpg

30tm9a8.jpg

vxlteo.jpg

2a69pqx.jpg

The initial thought I'm having, with your question "Where to begin" in mind, and these photos here, is: don't begin (!) taking photos AGAINST the light. Start out taking photos with the light source (sun) in your back.

Photographing against the light does have an appeal of its own, but I'm not sure it is something from where you'd want to start.

When you compose your photos, try NOT to place your subjects into the very centre of your frame (example: the family in the first photo).

And then, please explain to me what it was you photographed when you took Photo 2!?!?!?!?!

Most reactions

Back