What's new

Frustration Inspired

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Earlier today I finally snapped and vented here on the forum. For many weeks now I have been getting more and more frustrated with my lack of creativity, everything was starting to look the same.

I wallowed in my frustration and self pity for a good part of the day, I grabbed my camera, went and laid in front of one of the windows in the sunroom and while I re read the thread I vented in and contemplated all of the great input and suggestions I picked up the camera and started shooting where I was for about the bazillionth time but this time I got something I felt pretty good about. Normally I wouldn't have posted this because of a couple imperfections, mainly the lower left corner being snipped and the splat top right, wish there was more (wtf is that?? it is not noticeable to the naked eye, must be from the old owners) , but I resisted because I have zero more room in the frame and no way of getting any further away, I'm going to post it for your thoughts.

Thanks for taking a look!

IMG_2915bw by Judi Smelko, on Flickr
 
Cool shot. I like the use of black and white here. I almost feel dizzy and disoriented when i look at this. Or uncomfortable. I can feel your frustration haha Pretty cool that this simple image can do that. I really like this a lot.
 
So that's what the ceiling looked like before Michelangelo decided to give it some colour!


:D



Now, given the nature of the shot, I'd think about wiggling over down a little more, so that the black circle would be exactly centered, and with the rectangle enclosing it centered as well. Then everything else can fall where it does. I might even be inspired enough to try this myself, and in the process, totally freak out the cat.
 
The whole trick in photography is to find unique point of view. Especially now, when we are flooded with images. :D
 
OP...Hit the road. You will see stuff to shoot. Jut keep pounding the pavement.
 
Thanks so much for your thoughts all!

Lauren, perfect!

Paul, you should do it ;) You are right, our kitties were quite curious about what I was doing and wanted to be in on the action so have fun with yours lol
I did try centering the light fixture and ceiling but cutting off the left edge/window frame made it... too center balanced perhaps? I'm sure I will revisit this shot the next time I'm lounging in my self pity lol and will keep that in mind perhaps with a different lens next time around.
 
I really enjoy looking at this picture...very cool effect.
 
Thanks Warhorse, I'm glad you enjoy it :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom