What's new

FS: D700 package (including RRS L-plate, extra Nikon battery)

Notes:

- Camera has ~28,000 actuations (rated for 150,000+)

- Had some issues with the edges of the rubber on the hand grip and right thumb pad wanting to come up. I superglued them back down and haven't had any issues since. However, there are some very small residue marks from the glue.

- The front edge of the battery door on the grip didn't fit the RRS L-plate, so I had to snip about a 1/4" to allow it to fit. Please see picture for details.

Other than these very minor considerations, I haven't had any issues at all. You're getting a wonderful camera.

Thanks for looking.

:biggrin: Oh man, this was tooooo funny when I read it.

You have got to be kidding me! "Very minor considerations?" Super glue? LOL oh snap! "Snip the batter door"? I wouldn't even pay $1000 for that camera.

#1, if you have a better idea for dealing with rubber on a hand grip whose corner wants to come up, I'd love to hear it.

#2, it's a $50 Zeikos grip that obviously wasn't designed to be compatible with the RRS L-plate. The "snip" is less than a quarter inch, and doesn't affect operation in the slightest.

As I said...very minor considerations, neither of which affect the function of the camera in any way.

Furthermore, instead of making a complete a$$ of yourself by trying to torpedo my thread, I'd advise you that if you're not asking a question, or interested in the item, then kindly GTHO.
 
I have a question. The D700 is weather sealed. I've shot in the rain, with no issues. Since your camera's battery door is "snipped", isn't there the possibility that shooting in the rain might damage the camera? (this might be MORE of a problem than you imagine, and IMO is not a minor consideration.)
 
DScience said:
I have a question. The D700 is weather sealed. I've shot in the rain, with no issues. Since your camera's battery door is "snipped", isn't there the possibility that shooting in the rain might damage the camera? (this might be MORE of a problem than you imagine, and IMO is not a minor consideration.)

The snip is on the outer plastic housing on the battery tray that slides into the grip. The grip itself it in like new condition apart from this. The weather sealing, however minor it may be with any third party grip, is completely unaffected.

The snip is, as stated, a very minor consideration. To be realistic, this is a lot of headache over an accessory that only cost $50 brand new. If it is a strong concern for the potential buyer, at this point I'm willing to consider selling just the camera.

Edit: Heck, I'd buy the buyer a brand new Zeikos grip myself if they bought the camera at my current price. Or subtract the cost of purchasing a new grip for themselves.
 
DScience said:
I have a question. The D700 is weather sealed. I've shot in the rain, with no issues. Since your camera's battery door is "snipped", isn't there the possibility that shooting in the rain might damage the camera? (this might be MORE of a problem than you imagine, and IMO is not a minor consideration.)

The snip is on the outer plastic housing on the battery tray that slides into the grip. The grip itself it in like new condition apart from this. The weather sealing, however minor it may be with any third party grip, is completely unaffected.

The snip is, as stated, a very minor consideration. To be realistic, this is a lot of headache over an accessory that only cost $50 brand new. If it is a strong concern for the potential buyer, at this point I'm willing to consider selling just the camera.

Edit: Heck, I'd buy the buyer a brand new Zeikos grip myself if they bought the camera at my current price. Or subtract the cost of purchasing a new grip for themselves.

I'm really sorry, I thought you actually snipped the CAMERA. My bad. So, the camera itself was not cut, you snipped the RRS plate?
 
I was wondering why you wrote that first post! The only thing I snipped is the outer casing on the battery tray on the grip. The front side of it wasn't thin enough to be removed when the L-plate is attached.

The RRS L-plate is made of hardened steel. I couldn't cut it if I wanted to.
 
I've got $25 bucks to throw at this, PLUS my signature on a napkin. I think that should make up the additional $1,700 right?
 
Bump.

This forum is just worthless for selling right now. I'm signing up for Fred Miranda.
 
I tried dude. Accept my offer!!! ;)
 
Bump.

Now separating the D700 from the L-plate.

Nikon D700, with grip, extra battery and all original in-box accessories - $1625 net.

RRS L-plate for D700 with grip - $120 total (includes shipping and PP)

Let's go! This is getting ridiculous.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom