FS: Inexpensive Nikon FX lenses

Robchaos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've got a few full frame lenses for sale that I do not need anymore.

I will try to be as accurate as I can with descriptions. The asking prices include shipping and are OBO. All lenses function fine and work great. These lenses are all from an age when build quality mattered. You can hold them in your hand and feel the quality and weight. These work on any Nikon digital camera. (will not AF on lower end models without in the body auto focusing)
They would make great backup or travel lenses for someone who does not with to use more expensive lenses in a harsh, wet, or dangerous environment.

Nikon AF Nikkor 24-120 1:3.5-5.6 D - SOLD

24-120 for sale by Robchaos, on Flickr
Cosmetics 9/10 No major marks scratches or dents on the lens body.
Optics 7/10 There is no fungus or haze whatsoever. Dust is minimal. There is some signs of slight scratches and scuffing on the front element. This in no way shows up in any photos I have taken with the lens. I could not really get a photo of the lens with an angle that shows off the scuffing, but I have used this lens on many outings and it performs fine.
Function 8/10 Aperture is snappy and free of oil. Focus works fine, The zoom function of the lens is a bit stiff, but in my research I have come to the conclusion that this is not uncommon for this lens. Everything functions.

Nikon AF Nikkor 75-300 1:4.5-5.6 - SOLD

75-300 for sale by Robchaos, on Flickr
Cosmetics 9/10 No major marks scratches or dents on the lens body. Tripod collar is in good condition
Optics 7/10 There is no haze. Dust is minimal. This lens has some very slight fungus. I had removed the front and rear elements and was able to clean most of it off. The fungus that remained was in elements that I did not have tools to remove, and it is limited to the very edges of the element. It is very minimal. I have since sat the lens for 2 weeks on each end in direct UV light. I have been monitoring this lens for the past year since I performed the cleaning, and the fungus has not spread at all. The fungus in no way shows up in any photos I have taken with the lens. It is a slight amount, and is ONLY on the very edges of the element.
Function 9/10 Aperture is snappy and free of oil. Focus works fine, limit switch works.

Nikon AF Nikkor 35-105 1:3.5-4.5 - SOLD

35-105 for sale by Robchaos, on Flickr
Cosmetics 7/10 There is some slight scuffing near the focus ring, and one slight dent about 1/4" in length under the focus ring. Some scuffing visible on paint
Optics 9/10 There is no haze or fungus. Dust is minimal. Glass is free from scratches.
Function 9/10 Aperture is snappy and free of oil. Focus works fine, Macro mode functions fine.

It was hard for me to decide what a fair price was for these, as ebay pricing for these older lenses is all over the place. The numbers listed are a starting point, and keep in mind that I have used and thoroughly tested these lenses, and can provide any other information, photos, or sample shots if need be to make a sale. Potential local buyers are welcome to meet up and take a look at them.
For anyone eolse, I can provide links to my ebay account with 100% feedback, and also to many other forums where I have been doing business for years with hundreds of positive itrader feedback (never had a negative feedback yet in 7+ years of online selling)

Last edited:
bump, 24-120 and 35-105 are sold.

Anyone want to make an offer on the 75-300?

Most reactions

Back