What's new

FS: Nikon 24-70 f/2.8G

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesbjenkins

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 9, 2012
Messages
1,481
Reaction score
328
Location
Dallas / Ft. Worth TX
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lens sold.
 

Attachments

  • $image-2577791364.webp
    $image-2577791364.webp
    175.9 KB · Views: 204
  • $image-72203036.webp
    $image-72203036.webp
    64.4 KB · Views: 204
  • $image-1347631307.webp
    $image-1347631307.webp
    40.2 KB · Views: 197
  • $image-763273964.webp
    $image-763273964.webp
    84.2 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
I can't believe you are selling a "GOTO" lens like this? What are you replacing it with?
 
tirediron said:
This is my question... of dozen or so lenses in my bag, this is ABSOLUTELY THE LAST ONE I would ever part with!

100% agree. Is there a newer version of 24-70 coming out?
 
I hear ya, guys. It's a wonderful "do everything" lens, but I find myself shooting primes so much more often nowadays. After getting the new 85 1.8G back in May I guess I'm just spoiled on the color and razor sharpness of the primes.

Heck, if I can't $1500 net for it, I'll probably hang on to it. My problem is that I NEED a second pro body for my weddings (prob a gently used D3s) and $1500 would put me about where I need to be to get one.
 
xyphoto said:
100% agree. Is there a newer version of 24-70 coming out?

Nothing on the radar for an update. It's LONG overdue for one, but I guess Nikon is too busy making D600's so there's not a 6 month wait on them. :lol:
 
I hear ya, guys. It's a wonderful "do everything" lens, but I find myself shooting primes so much more often nowadays. After getting the new 85 1.8G back in May I guess I'm just spoiled on the color and razor sharpness of the primes.

Heck, if I can't $1500 net for it, I'll probably hang on to it. My problem is that I NEED a second pro body for my weddings (prob a gently used D3s) and $1500 would put me about where I need to be to get one.

Oh no.. he has been brainwashed by the Cult of Primes! Poor James.. he was an OK guy....
 
cgipson1 said:
Oh no.. he has been brainwashed by the Cult of Primes! Poor James.. he was an OK guy....

Certainly not brainwashed. I absolutely love my 14-24 and my 70-200. But, I have 3 primes in about the same range as the 24-70 (35, 50, 85), so it's a hard choice to make.

Sucks being a part-time pro! If I did more than my ~20 clients a year, I'd have a lot more potential to keep lenses I don't regularly use.
 
GL with the sale, we were just able to sell some gear to get the 85 prime and love it.
 
TOP~ wish this offer would've been available when I bought mine!
 
I've decided to include a B+W UV filter that's in like new condition. It's currently $48 on amazon.

Price now $1525 shipped.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom