What's new

FS: Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR II Lens

jdag

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
288
Reaction score
7
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
SOLD

I am selling a pristine Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR II Lens. I am an amateur photographer, and this has been babied from day 1. It has never been banged, dropped, dinged, in the rain, etc. I'd rate it a 9/10, only because it is not brand new. This sale includes the lens, hood, tripod mount, caps, carry case, original box, and all documentation that came with the lens when new.


Price: $1,950 PayPal and Shipped within US (or local pick up...Rochester, NY)


8119759007_d1ac5e08c9.jpg



Additional Photos:
70-200 - a set on Flickr
 
Last edited:
GIFT is a big red flag. Perhaps local pick up?
 
GIFT is a big red flag. Perhaps local pick up?

Thank you for pointing that out. To be honest, I thought the gift option was a way to lower or avoid the fee. Pardon my ignorance.

I've updated the ad to "regular" PayPal and I'd be more than happy to accommodate local pickup. In fact I would prefer that as I would love to have someone to have the chance to see the lens in person.

Anyhow, I've sold many items on this and other sites. I hope my PayPal gaffe isn't held against me! ;)
 
Wow...I am making a mess of this post!

i am in Rochester, NY.
 
yeah, if you highly trust the other side, gift paypal can be used to avoid fees. However, from what I recall, when opting for the gift option, paypal gives you no protection if the other party defrauds you, since it was nominally a 'gift' and thus not warranting protection under the law.
 
yeah, if you highly trust the other side, gift paypal can be used to avoid fees. However, from what I recall, when opting for the gift option, paypal gives you no protection if the other party defrauds you, since it was nominally a 'gift' and thus not warranting protection under the law.
This is 100% correct.
Gift = no 3% fee, which is essentially not the insurance.

I only use "Gift" option when sending money to known reputable people.
 
Thanks for the education...which I should have taken upon myself by reading up on it in the 1st place!!!
 
Thanks for the education...which I should have taken upon myself by reading up on it in the 1st place!!!

No problem. Best of luck with your sell. I was momentarily tempted, but I've dropped a couple grand in the past month already on equipment.
 
Bump
 
I'm not that far out of Rochester if anyone is interested I may be able to arrange pickup and shipping for you.
 
Sadly, I'm still easily six months away from saving enough for a 70-200 f/2.8, and may have to go with the Sigma version at that. If I could afford it, I'd jump on this.
Hope it sells quickly so I don't have to keep looking at it. :lol:
 
It's a good deal for this lens. I'm sure it will sell. You could try fredmiranda.
 
Are you interested in any trades? I have a ton of stuff sitting around here and I'd love to upgrade my VR1 to the newer model...

PM me if so.
 
Hot dang an "amateur photographer" with that beasty lens! Pretty lucky.

anywho, good luck with the sell! She looks a beaut
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom