FS: Nikon 80-200 2.8 AF-D (Two Ring Version)

KibblesNbitz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Selling my 80-200 2.8 because I just don't use this focal length that much, and I'd rather have the funds for other things....

The lens is in mint condition, except for two tiny white marks on the body of the lens. The glass is clean and scratch-free. The lens includes the original Nikon HB-7 lens hood, which had to be purchased separately from the lens ($30 extra), along with an original Nikon HB-29 lens hood and HB-29 lens hood adapter from ebay, allowing you to use the HB-29 on the lens. The HB-29 gives the lens a more modern look. The original Nikon HB-29 was $36, and the adapter was $25. It also includes both front and rear caps, and the original lens case ( Forgot to include it in the pictures, but it looks like this: http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/images1/80-200mm-f28-afd-new/D3S_2180-case-1200.jpg )

So, you're getting:

-Nikon 80-200 2.8 lens
-Nikon HB-7 Hood
-Nikon HB-29 Hood
-Nikon HB-29 Hood Adapter
-Nikon Front and Rear Caps
-Original Nikon Lens Case

Here's a pic of the two white marks: Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

I'm looking for $900 after paypal fees, so $926 with regular paypal or $900 with paypal gift. I'll pay for shipping...I only use paypal, better for me and the buyer.

Pics:

cgslens-3 by Hyer Expectations Photography, on Flickr

cgslens-4 by Hyer Expectations Photography, on Flickr

cgslens-6 by Hyer Expectations Photography, on Flickr

cgslens-7 by Hyer Expectations Photography, on Flickr

cgslens-8 by Hyer Expectations Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
great lens. GLWS

BUMP! I want an x100, so this has to go, lol...

Good price for an awesome lens. Goodluck!

KibblesNbitz said:
Man, not even a nibble! Haha...

Check eBay...maybe match those prices. Not a LOT of people in here are even ready to buy a real lens. Gotta look at your target audience...most o them aren't here unfortunately. A lot of beginners who LOVE their 18-55 f/3.5-4.5 lol.

Good luck with the sale. I know its one of my favorite lenses, hands down!

KibblesNbitz said:

Check eBay...maybe match those prices. Not a LOT of people in here are even ready to buy a real lens. Gotta look at your target audience...most o them aren't here unfortunately. A lot of beginners who LOVE their 18-55 f/3.5-4.5 lol.

Lawlllzzz.. it's a 3.5-5.6 lens.

KibblesNbitz said:

Hah, good point. I'd post on fredmiranda, but the $30 to post there kinda defeats the purpose of trying to make money :lol: I'd do ebay, but I've never sold there, so I have no feedback, plus the horror stories of EBay/Paypal freezing large funds amounts for first time sellers has scared me off. I have it listed on craigslist, but even there it seems to be beyond the market. I only got 1 response there, it seemed perfect, I sent more pictures and everything and then the guy never replied back, haha....oh well....

You will find a buyer in the $800-$900 range (probably not here though). I have seen them go for that on eBay.

GLWS.

p!nK

If I didin't have the sigma version, I'd buy it. It's a good deal.

If I had the money, it would be mine in an instant!

Will it autofocus with my D5000 and does it have VR?

The D5000 does not have a built in auto-focus motor, and this lens is the AF-D lens, meaning it does not have a built in motor (where as the AF-S version does).
So no, it will not autofocus on your current camera.

Will it autofocus with my D5000 and does it have VR?

The D5000 does not have a built in auto-focus motor, and this lens is the AF-D lens, meaning it does not have a built in motor (where as the AF-S version does).
So no, it will not autofocus on your current camera.

Correct, and no, it does not have VR ;)

Most reactions

Back