What's new

FS: Nikon 80-200 f/2.8D $550

PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 27, 2009
Messages
3,472
Reaction score
3
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
SOLD Pending Transaction


Single ring, push pull style lens. Auto focus is very fast (requires body with built-in focus motor). Comes with lens, filter and HB-7 lens hood.

This is the 'D' version of this lens, which is better than the standard AF versions prior to it and send the distance information to the camera for use with Nikon's lighting system. This is the one that was released just before more expensive AF-D 2 ring model that is still available today.

Excellent condition.

4309988306_6f68f19218_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
How diff is the push-pull compared to the normal spinning zoom?
 
I actually find it a lot easier since my hand doesn't have to turn. This version also has the focus lock switch to limit the travel, that greatly reduced the amount of 'roam' the lens has to do in certain situations (if you're always shooting close, get a focus and lock it, the lens will only try and focus close, same for shooting long).

Focus is very fast on my D300s.


Nice creamy bokeh as well (please don't C&C this photo :lol: :

4309825412_0767178774_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
any pics of the lens itself?
 
Photo now added to original post.
 
When did u get this , and why are u selling? I though tu only had sigmas?
 
The Nikon 70-200 VR is on my want bad list, have to make some sacrifices if I ever want to get it, I know I can't save money :lol:

After tonight I'm having second thoughts though... man this thing is SHARP, even at f/2.8
 
Do you still have the sigma or did you sell it and get this one? Of course the Nikon is a beauty :lol: we all want it. haha
 
i have the same thing and i was weary about the push-pull part of it, but it's actually not really that different, you have to move your hand in an inch or two rather than twist it, hey here's a sales pitch, it helps prevent carpal tunnel :lol:

great lens! bump for you! :)
 
:lol: Thanks!
 
Excellent shape, I don't see any scratches or anything.

Front element lived behind a filter before I got it and removed it, I'll include that as well since I don't use UV filters on my lenses.
 
Took these photographs with it today:

4312055354_c127b745a8_b.jpg


4311318461_b709c73e41_b.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom