KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. This is what a D1X looks like. A lot like it's younger brother, the current top-of-the-line $8000 D3X.
D1X002.jpg

Nikon D1X for Sale (body only)

$375.00 including shipping/handleing/insurance/paypal fees (CONUS only).

About the only external blemish is a scratch low on the LCD. I’ve provided an image of the scratch.

All of the camera functions work as Nikon intended. Sometimes the top LCD doesn't always go blank when the camera is turned off, but it doesn't seem to run the battery down.

The exact shutter actuation count can’t be retrieved with an EXIF reader as that only applies to more recent Nikon camera bodies, but the lack of wear from handling indicates a low count. I am sure the count is certainly less than 10,000 actuations since purchased and probably less than 7000. Very low for a pro body.

This D1X was purchased from Cameta Camera in November of 2007 for use as a backup camera, which is why it has seen such little use. Included is documentation showing the image buffer was updated to the higher capacity version (a $246 upgrade) at the time the camera was reconditioned. The firmware was updated to version 5.01 concurrent with the buffer upgrade (the highest version currently available). Link to Nikon USA's web site/ buffer upgrade info

The original box has "Reconditioned Product" printed on the outside of the box and is stamped on the inside cover with "Refurbished Product”. Nikon gave the camera a thorough inspection, cleaning, any necessary repairs, and updates to meet the then current specifications, like the buffer upgrade. Few other D1X’s at this price point will have so current and thorough a going over.

The D1X was the top of the line pro model of its day, so like all Nikon pro models it has the built-in vertical grip, vertical shutter release, shutter thumb wheel, aperture finger wheel, and extra AF controls. It records images on a CF memory card.

The D1X is the fastest auto focusing DSLR Nikon has ever made (excluding AF-S lenses). It’s amazing how fast it is. That's why I've held onto the camera, but the fast focus is no longer a necessity for me. It’s time to pass it on to someone who will use it.

The price is firm at $375 and I prefer payment through PayPal. If you need a lens, you can get a new AF 50mm f/1.8D lens new for about $125 (used from $75.00). All these D1X images were made with that lens, a Nikon AF 50mm f/1.8D.

NOTE: Nikon pro level cameras don't have a pop-up, on camera flash.

The D1X:

· Delivers rich RAW files of its own flavor.
· The image sensor is unique and delivers vibrant colors.
· Some of the image sensor pixels are rectangular. With Nikon’s NX2 software and Photoshop, 10 MP raw files can be produced allowing stunning prints up to 20”X30”.
· Be mindful of your highlights. Probably the D1X's only quirk.

Link to D1X specifications, a review with info about the unique image sensor, and sample images

You get all of this:

1 - Nikon D1X camera body, (with image buffer upgrade and 5.01 firmware update. A $246.50 value.)
1 - Body Cap
1 - Nikon D1X neck strap
1 - D1X users manual
1 - MH-16 battery charger (w/manual and power cord)
1 - Nikon EN-4 battery pack
1 - New LENMAR, DMNEN4 battery pack (Nikon EN-4 equivalent)
1 - Video cable
1 - Picture Control 1.0 CD
1 - Picture Control 1.0, Reference Manual CD
3 – Original Nikon boxes (for the D1X, EN-4 battery and MH-16 charger)
(See the last image)

Important Note: Being a used item, this Nikon D1X camera is being sold “as is”.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2.The top LCD, hot shoe, metering selector, ISO, Bracketing, Exposure compensation, shutter.
D1X008.jpg

3.With the viewfinder open, other rear doors closed and the rear LCD's.
D1X004.jpg

4.With the viewfinder closed (built-in), CF card compartment open, menu/functions buttons exposed, monitor and image delete buttons.
D1X005.jpg

5. That's the latch for battery compartment at the bottom.
D1X006.jpg

6. The Horizontal and Vertical shutters and controls.
D1X007.jpg

7. Part of the "Custom Settings Menu". The bottom LCD is on showing ISO 125, the camera is in RAW mode, and the White Balance is set to Direct Sunlight.
D1X010.jpg

8. The scratch on the LCD.
D1X009.jpg

9. The tripod mount and the bottom of the body.
D1X003.jpg

10. All the other stuff you get.
D1X011.jpg

Last edited:
it's the other part that's tough.
reviews look awesome...id love a camera that can bracket. id love a metal camera. id love a camera with DOF preview.
there are many things about that cmaera that appeal to me...including the price.
justifying it and scraping it together is my issue.
and you said it seems to perform better with good lenses...i dont have any of those..lol.

oh well...bump for you. :D

The TPF exclusive ends tomorrow.

Edit: Old news and no longer applies.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Most reactions

Back