FS or FT: Nikon D700 - Converted to Infrared

imageswest

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
*** SOLD ***

I bought this a couple of months ago because I wanted to try out digital infrared. After using it for a while, I don't think IR is my cup of tea, so I'm putting it back on the market.

This camera was converted by LifePixel with their standard 720nm IR conversion (current cost for this conversion is US$375 plus shipping each way). The overall condition is very good with minimal signs of wear; I recently replaced the rubber pads on the back and front grip of the camera, so that part of it looks like new (photos below were taken before the new grips went on).

I would rate the cosmetic condition about a 9 out of 10; it's very clean but there are a few small spots of wear on the bottom of the camera. The camera comes with the battery charger, two Nikon EN-EL3e batteries, and body cap.

Asking $1600 (plus shipping), trades considered.

845948.jpg

845949.jpg

845950.jpg

845951.jpg

845952.jpg

Last edited:
so this only shoots in infrared now?

so this only shoots in infrared now?

That's the whole point of doing the conversion... most cameras now have IR-blocking filters over their sensors and can't record IR light. Plus, this way you no longer need to have opaque filters on your lenses when shooting IR.

Cool idea, wished I had the extra coin laying around to buy it.

Most reactions

Back