ShutteredEye
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Mar 1, 2005
- Messages
- 2,411
- Reaction score
- 41
- Location
- Arlington, TX
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
Thinning the herd continues--
For sale is a Pentacon 6 medium format camera. For those not familiar with this particular camera, Pentacons are Eastern-bloc sturdy interchangeable lens medium format film cameras. Glass is affordable, fast, and high quality. For example, the lens included here is an 80mm 2.8 Carl Zeiss lens built in Jena, Austria.
The camera is in excellent condition, glass is scratch free and coatings are intact. It comes with a leather case and packed in the original styrofoam box.
I have only run one roll of film through this camera, and at times the shutter was sticking resulting in over exposure. From what I've read this is common issue with these cameras as the grease they used to lubricate the shutter tended to gum up with age. I was told that all it needs is a simple cleaning and it will be good to go, but I did not pursue it beyond that. I have reduced the price in acknowledgment that the camera isn't in absolute perfect working order.
For sale is a Pentacon 6 medium format camera. For those not familiar with this particular camera, Pentacons are Eastern-bloc sturdy interchangeable lens medium format film cameras. Glass is affordable, fast, and high quality. For example, the lens included here is an 80mm 2.8 Carl Zeiss lens built in Jena, Austria.
The camera is in excellent condition, glass is scratch free and coatings are intact. It comes with a leather case and packed in the original styrofoam box.
I have only run one roll of film through this camera, and at times the shutter was sticking resulting in over exposure. From what I've read this is common issue with these cameras as the grease they used to lubricate the shutter tended to gum up with age. I was told that all it needs is a simple cleaning and it will be good to go, but I did not pursue it beyond that. I have reduced the price in acknowledgment that the camera isn't in absolute perfect working order.