FS: Sony NEX-6 + 18-55 + waterproof housing - $250 shipped/insured

Antithesis

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.epanderson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am selling a sony NEX-6. The camera is in good shape, everything works. We picked it up as a little backup video camera to work with our other sony's, but haven't used it in months. I purchased the body and lens separately, as I'd read that the 18-55 is quite a bit sharper than the 16-50 that originally came with the NEX-6. This is a great little camera, the Image Quality is pretty high. It's the same sensor from the D7000--having owned both over the years, I can say it's pretty similar. Camera has around ~16k actuations on it. Comes with the charging block, cable and original box and printed materials. Other than dust on the exterior, the camera has just a few small scuffs and signs of use. I give it a 8/10+. Only thing missing is the lens cap. I have the eyecup around somewhere, but haven't seen it in a while.

The housing is a Neewer housing. I used it a few times while snorkeling, and took it down to 20+ feet without issue. The video record button doesn't function, but all other functions work surprisingly well. Might just need to apply some silicon grease to the big o-ring, but it's still in good shape and seals fine as far as I can tell. This housing can be modified for the big dome wide-angles and flashes, I just never got around to doing it.

I will let the whole package go for $250 shipped. I live in PR, but it's still considered domestic via USPS and shouldn't be more than $15-20. Forgive the potato quality photos.
IMG_1017.JPG
IMG_1018.JPG
IMG_1019.JPG

Last edited:
the video record button doesnt work on the camera? or just the underwater housing?
do all functions on the camera work?

the video record button doesnt work on the camera? or just the underwater housing?
do all functions on the camera work?

Just the housing. There is a little rubber knob on the inside of the housing that is supposed to push the video record button, and it broke off. All functions on the camera work.

I am selling a sony NEX-6. The camera is in good shape, everything works. We picked it up as a little backup video camera to work with our other sony's, but haven't used it in months. I purchased the body and lens separately, as I'd read that the 18-55 is quite a bit sharper than the 16-50 that originally came with the NEX-6. This is a great little camera, the Image Quality is pretty high. It's the same sensor from the D7000--having owned both over the years, I can say it's pretty similar. Camera has around ~16k actuations on it. Comes with the charging block, cable and original box and printed materials. Other than dust on the exterior, the camera has just a few small scuffs and signs of use. I give it a 8/10+. Only thing missing is the lens cap. I have the eyecup around somewhere, but haven't seen it in a while.

The housing is a Neewer housing. I used it a few times while snorkeling, and took it down to 20+ feet without issue. The video record button doesn't function, but all other functions work surprisingly well. Might just need to apply some silicon grease to the big o-ring, but it's still in good shape and seals fine as far as I can tell. This housing can be modified for the big dome wide-angles and flashes, I just never got around to doing it.

I will let the whole package go for $250 shipped. I live in PR, but it's still considered domestic via USPS and shouldn't be more than $15-20. Forgive the potato quality photos.View attachment 128504 View attachment 128505 View attachment 128506
Sent a pm

I was tempted too. Haha. Amazing deal.

Doh! I wasn't getting email notifications. Responding to PM's, item is still for sale.

Also, open to a trade for either: Voigtlander Bessa R/R2, Nikon FM2 or Contax N1.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back