What's new

FS: Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 Canon EFS mount

Offhand

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 5, 2010
Messages
96
Reaction score
3
Location
California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a terrific lens that only works on cropped sensor cameras like any digital Rebel, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D and 7D. Won't work on 5D or 1D. Because it's an EFS compatible lens, it's far smaller and lighter than any full frame lenses so far easier to carry around. It's a very sharp lens and 2.8 throughout the range from 17mm to 50mm. It doesn't have the VC image stabilization, which is actually better. Read all the reviews and you'll see this is sharper than the image stabilized model. The VC lens is soft on the edges, though improves when stopped down one or two. But why bother with stabilization if you have to do that? And you don't really need VC on a wide. This is fast enough to use in low light situations. I used it with my 30D and was able to capture most of what I needed without a flash. Now I have a 5D so need to get a full frame lens so will probably get a 24-70 2.8 (non IS), which is what this lens is equivalent to, roughly, in wide/tele range. I'd keep it for sure but the Canon lens it really pricey so I need to fund that with this sale. This is in excellent shape with no scratches on lenses or body. Always keep a UV filter on and will include with deal. Comes with scalloped hood and both hoods.

Sold!
 
Last edited:
It's technically not an 'EF-S' lens or mount. Only Canon lenses carry that designation.
Tamron's designation is Di II, which is essentially the same as Canon's EF-S.

Great lens though, I'd recommend it to anyone.
 
Thanks for the clarification, Mike. I'll make the change. And Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom