FS Tokina 12-24 F4 (IF) AT-X PRO DX lens nikon mount

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am considering selling my Tokina 12-24 F4 (IF) AT-X PRO DX lens. I can not say enough good things about this lens it is just superb and the quality of it is second to none. I am going to move up to full frame and will need to sell this lens as It won't be of use to me. Lens is in great condition and there is no fungus, mold, dust in lens and no scratches on front or rear glass. I do not have a box for it but it will come with both lens hood and mount cap. This is for nikon DX cameras that have the a focusing motor in the camera like the D90, D7000, D300. It does not have an internal focus motor. If it was not for me moving up to the full frame I would not be selling it. As of right now I am looking for potential buyers in case my deal does not go through with the camera I am trying to buy. So if you want a great quality UW DX lens this is what you want! They are selling on ebay used for $350-$450 so I will ask $375 shipped to your door OBO for a fast sale. This is a fair price for a lens of this quality as you will see in the pictures below. You don't like the price make an offer I can't refuse, low balls will be ignored as I know If I post it on ebay I will get what I want. I am giving the folks here on the forum first dibbs at a great price for my appreciation to the forum for helping me become a better photographer.

Here is some info:
Non-rotating 77mm filter threads mean special effect filters will not change when the lens’ focus is changed.Fast internal focusing with Tokina’s One-Touch focus clutch mechanism allows the lens to AF focus faster and switching between auto and manual focus is as easy as snapping the focus ring back and forth.2 sharp-cut aspherical elements accurately correct aspherical aberration usually associated with ultra-wide angle lenses. Bright, constant f/4 aperture allows plenty of light to enter the camera for shooting in a wide variety of photographic situations. Chrome plated brass mount plate and all-metal zoom unit can stand up to regular use while advanced polycarbonate outer lens barrels reduce the weight of the lens, making it a pleasure to carry.

The actual lens

_D7K9881.jpg

_D7K9882.jpg

_D7K9894.jpg

_D7K9900.jpg

_D7K9901.jpg

Pictures I have taken with it:

Straight out of camera no sharpening or processing.

brick wall by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

HDR cropped in

virgin mary by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

HDR @ 18mm

outside path crop by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

HDR landscape shooting into the sun

sunset in paradise by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Trust me you will not be disappointed with this lens do the research on this lens vs tamron,sigma and YES, Nikon you will find that this is the best UW lens for DX cameras. There is the tokina 11-16 2.8 which is great for lo light but you get much less zoom range and I find it very use full to have more range vs the 2.8. This is a constant F4 through out the zoom and is sharp at F4 and tack sharp at F8-F11 you will be amazed.

I believe in putting as much info into a for sale thread as possible so that the potential buyer gets as much info as needed to make an decision. I would prefer to use paypal so both buyer and seller are protected.

PM me or email me at [email protected] if you want any other info or want to buy it.

Rich

Lens is officially for sale now. So if you want a sweet UW lens pm me.

Most reactions

Back