IpseLux10 9
No longer a newbie, moving up!
- Joined
- Sep 17, 2026
- Messages
- 108
- Reaction score
- 54
- Location
- East TN
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I've spent my life photographing others. And giving snapshots away. One of those led to a beautiful gift today: today one of my portrait subjects gifted me a photo. A print to be most precise. And if you live where I live, here in East Tennessee, it is The print. Ed Westcott's famous image of peace. I believe it is entitled War Ends and was taken in 1945. Google it for the story behind it, and a proper rendition of how it came about....
(BTW, this goes to show once again to me a least, that good always bears good to ourselves and others. No doubt.)
Atop the image is my other surprise today. Weeks back I posted a thread about trying out a lens on a D7100, a Tokina 11-16/2.8. Spectacular lens. Fast. Sharp. It even serves as 15mm super wide on full sensors, and a faux circular image fisheye at 14-11mm.
Modestly priced too. It's been sharing camera time with another good one, a Nikkor 12-24/4.0. It's apparent 35mm focal length is super versatile. Unfortunately, the Nikkor is soft at 20-24mm, so it is a bit of a let down. It is ok for portraits and snaps, or normal size prints, but less sharp than the Tokina.
Hence the post: I just received the one that will probably spend most time on this camera: Rokinon 8/3.5. What a groovy lens. Sharp as well.
Being Halloween season, i'd say this lens is a MONSTER
!
Anyone looking for a fisheye, check out the Samyang/Rokinon 8/3.5 or 12/2.8 lenses. There's various iterations. I went with the attached lens hood for practical protection. No chip. Best optimized for DX sensors.
When I want big circular images printed on FX, I'd go with the Tokina 11-16/2.8 at a little less aggressive wide view.
Rokinon/Samyang 8/3.5 lens. Modestly priced. And quite impressive.
Kind regards everyone!
(BTW, this goes to show once again to me a least, that good always bears good to ourselves and others. No doubt.)
Atop the image is my other surprise today. Weeks back I posted a thread about trying out a lens on a D7100, a Tokina 11-16/2.8. Spectacular lens. Fast. Sharp. It even serves as 15mm super wide on full sensors, and a faux circular image fisheye at 14-11mm.
Modestly priced too. It's been sharing camera time with another good one, a Nikkor 12-24/4.0. It's apparent 35mm focal length is super versatile. Unfortunately, the Nikkor is soft at 20-24mm, so it is a bit of a let down. It is ok for portraits and snaps, or normal size prints, but less sharp than the Tokina.
Hence the post: I just received the one that will probably spend most time on this camera: Rokinon 8/3.5. What a groovy lens. Sharp as well.
Being Halloween season, i'd say this lens is a MONSTER
Anyone looking for a fisheye, check out the Samyang/Rokinon 8/3.5 or 12/2.8 lenses. There's various iterations. I went with the attached lens hood for practical protection. No chip. Best optimized for DX sensors.
When I want big circular images printed on FX, I'd go with the Tokina 11-16/2.8 at a little less aggressive wide view.
Rokinon/Samyang 8/3.5 lens. Modestly priced. And quite impressive.
Kind regards everyone!
Last edited:
