What's new

FS: Vivitar 28mm 2.8

momo3boys

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 3, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
26
Location
Western MA, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is an old manual lens that I don't need. It great condition. Not sure if it was ever used. It was found in an old camera bag that belonged to my mother. I'm asking $50.
 
Last edited:
What camera system is it for?
 
Canuk, I have no idea. Here are a few pictures of it. I'm a Nikon girl and all I have ever owned were Nikon lenses...


DSC_2181_edited-1.JPG
DSC_2183_edited-1.JPG
 
so, it will correctly mount to your Nikon, but it's just manual focus?
 
It does not mount to my Nikon. It is for an old camera that was my moms. I have no idea what kind it was. I was hoping someone would know more about it than me! lol
 
how did you come up with the price for it without knowing what it mounts to? that could make a pretty big difference in the price.
 
It looks similar to some old Pentax K-mount lenses I have.
 
DSC_2184_edited-1.JPG


It was from my mom. She wasn't into photography much and found this in her closet. She just doesn't remember what kind of camera she had.
 
how did you come up with the price for it without knowing what it mounts to? that could make a pretty big difference in the price.
Do you happen to know what mounts are more valuable than others? (I have a similar Vivitar f/2.8, although 24mm, with M42 mount, and was wondering what its market value would be.)

To the OP, I don't know what mount yours is. Good luck with the sale.
 
I didn't realize that the mount would determine the value. I merely looked up the lens on amazon and found an avg price of similar lenses. Honestly the price is negotiable, I just am looking for some cash for new equipment and thought it would be a fair price.
 
It looks like a Minolta MD mount. I hope this helps. Just look up that mount to see how it changes the value.

Good luck with your sell.
 
MC and MD mounts are for Minolta cameras. MC mount is older Minolta for late 70's. early 80's. MD mount is late 80's early 90's. I got one, hope it helps.
 
Still seems like a fair price but I'll drop it down to $50 if that helps. Just trying to get more equipment.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom