Ft. Worden Lighthouse, Ft. Worden State Park Near Port Townsend, WA

LightMatters

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$Ft-Worden-L-house-framed_6712-5x7.jpg

After playing w/this in PS, I'm still not all that excited about the sky. It was really much more dramatic than I captured it. Ideas? C&C?
Thanks

I'm still new but I'll take a shot...the sidewalk at the bottom of the frame is distracting and it leads my eye off the image. Either crop or next time shoot from a different angle. I like the trees framing the lighthouse, another possible composition is using the heather (tan grass to the right if the trees) as the base with the lighthouse behind it.

I agree: a tighter crop would help this one along. The framing by the trees is seen and captured nicely, but as the sky does not come out the way you intended, you might decide to lose some of it (plus the path at the bottom).

Yeah, I'm afraid this would be a tough one. Cropping in closer on all sides would definitely help, but the problem is, the trees are so tall and far away from the lighthouse, the house can't be made large enough to be interesting and the focus remains on the trees. Nice try though.

Yes, Thank You, nsinnot, LaFoto and Rick58. I missed the obvious when I cropped it initially. Your input helped make this a much stronger image. I think I like #2 with the full arch of the branch on the left instead of the more closely cropped #1. Really appreciate your suggestions. #1 $Ft-Worden-L-house-2-5x7.jpg #2$Ft-Worden-L-house-3_6712-4x6.jpg

Most reactions

Back