TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
014-3.jpg

See it bigger here

Very nice! It looks really good in.. Is that cepia? Or mono?
Is this an abandoned gas station..

Very nice! It looks really good in.. Is that cepia? Or mono?
Is this an abandoned gas station..

The film I used for it is Kodak BW400CN, It's supposed to be B/W but often times it has a red hue to it, especially with my kit lens.

Yes one of the abandoned gas stations in town

I like it.. The red hue actually adds feeling to the picture.

Your town has a good many abandoned things just standing around, doesn't it? Such things would not be "around" in my country for long. Some company would come, pull it all down, and then another would build something new!

Nice one ... you are making me want to bring my film cameras back to life with your photos, but now that they are loaded, I find I know way too few still unexplored spots in my surrounding to test them/use them. I get the feeling I have by now photographed about each and every leaf, twig and blade of grass around here... :roll:

Your town has a good many abandoned things just standing around, doesn't it? Such things would not be "around" in my country for long. Some company would come, pull it all down, and then another would build something new!

Nice one ... you are making me want to bring my film cameras back to life with your photos, but now that they are loaded, I find I know way too few still unexplored spots in my surrounding to test them/use them. I get the feeling I have by now photographed about each and every leaf, twig and blade of grass around here... :roll:

Ah, but this is not the first time this fuel Island graced the pages of TPF. Post #4 picture #4. :thumbsup:

Ah, it's that one! :D
Looks better in this sepia coloured photo! (Mental note: must drive around more in search for abandoned things or places... ;)).

Some times I find it hard to plan a return visit, often times I get there and finds my self at a loss as to what to do. Truth be told I was on my way home from a return trip to the East Railroad Station when I got this. I got to the station and found a train in the way and headed home, not wanting to have made the trip a complete bust I stoped here and took two shots and headed home. I need to reprocess the other one but I liked both shots.

That is in camera composition too, only croping done was to ensure no white edges.

The film I used for it is Kodak BW400CN, It's supposed to be B/W but often times it has a red hue to it, especially with my kit lens.

I don't understand. What has your lens got to do with it? It sounds like it is just a scanning problem rather than a lens or film issue. Try scanning B&W film in greyscale if you want to start off with neutral tones. What scanner and software are you using?

Best,
Helen

I don't understand. What has your lens got to do with it? It sounds like it is just a scanning problem rather than a lens or film issue. Try scanning B&W film in greyscale if you want to start off with neutral tones. What scanner and software are you using?

Best,
Helen

It's the lens, this occurs regardless of film type, make and scanner settings. I noticed this reasently in this series of pictures. The first four were taken with my Sakar 135 the last two with this lens my Canon 50mm 1.4, all scanned at the same time with with same settings and the same post procedure of minor shaprening. If this where a film or scanning issue it would not be this wide spread and clear or effecting all shots. And yes it does appear in the prints.

I mis-worded that post

You said that this picture was taken on BW400CN. There is no way for the colour of the lens to affect the colour of the image.

Best,
Helen

I definately like the macroish shot better vs the wide angle shot. This one has awe factor, I guess you can call it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back