Fuji camera to take to Backpacking in SEA for 6 months

Digby Thomas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

I will be backpacking South East Asia for approximately 6 months and am looking to purchase a Fuji X series camera around the $1000 mark, give or take a little. I'm relatively new to photography so I am after some opinions on what to purchase. I'll predominately be shooting street photography in places like Bangkok, Vietnam, the temples in Cambodia and Burma and a few landscapes. I need it to be lightweight and relatively compact as I will be living from a backpack, hence why I am steering away from DSLRs. At the moment I am considering:

Fuji XPro1
Fuji XE2/1
Fuji XT1
Fuji X20
Fuji X100s

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you :)

Last edited:
Why have you picked out only the Fujifilm X-series cameras? Can't find real logic here, unless you have a friend or family member who works for Fujifilm and can get you a huge discount...thinking...but then you could ask that person...

They're fantastic cameras - some are best in their respective classes - but a generalization can't be made.

I have FF cameras.
I have MFT cameras.

They are all collecting dust because I've discovered Fuji.

I use all that you have listed except the X20. I suggest the XT1 for its weather sealing. The XT1, XP1, XE2 and XE1 all use the same/similar sensor. So no real dif in IQ. The XP1 and EX1 are an older generation tech and focus horribly slow and the EVF suck in low light.

Fujinon lenses are wonderfully sharp.

Gary

PS- If you're near LA I can let you play with them,
G

Most reactions

New Topics

Back