Fuji: extra battery or what?

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi! I just noticed a problem with my fuji s5000. Whenever I take out batteries when they are dead, charge them and put inside, the camera asks me to set the date again and all the settings are lost. I have no ide why. I thought there might be somewhere an extra battery which kept the data alive, while the normal batteries are dead. I searched it on google and found nothing about it. I no longer have a guarantee card :( help me!!!

What do you use? AA's or a Fuji thingy? I use four AA's in my Minolta and it kept telling me they were falt. I put a metre reader on them and it turned out one of them was dead. I must have dropped it or something. The other three were fine.

I would have thought it would store the date as well. :scratch: Maybe it does, but only for a short time. Maybe it's not had charged batteries for too long?

I'm like, sooo helpful. :meh:

I use AA too, not Fuji, but for a year everything worked fine. And now it keeps usking me about the date. But when I set it again, everything is fine. It is just annoying that whenever I take my batteries out I have to set the date again :/

My fuji also did this. I have a feeling it has something to do with how long the batteries are out for. But if it was fine for the first year or so, possibly it does have a battery. Your manuals should tell you - if not, do a search on google (not sure which camera you have?)

i believe the date is saved off the batteries in the camera, if you have a spare set handy put those in, it can store power to keep the date for 1/2 houre roughly i think and after that it will lose it,

so Lazarus, you mean that I keep the batteries too long outside the camera? that might be right!

Yes the date is lost once batteries removed from most of the Fuji Range, but if you place some normal AA batteries in whilst you charge the rechargable pack or batteries the date and time should stay correct. But you only have a max time of approx 40 mins or so to put the other set in.

Or, just get two sets of batteries. Whilst one is charging the others can be in the camera and you can be snapping away.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back