fuji s7000 or s9600

captainn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

Can u recommend which camera is better. I am thinking between Fuji s7000 and s9600? I read reviews and I must admit I am more confused now then before! I am concern about noise on s7000 and I am wondering if that is improved on 9600 model? On some reviews the biggest problem on s7000 is noise level which is high but then another reviews are not complaining about the noise at all??? I know the reviews are tricky and the best is when u have a chance to try the camera and compare but unfortunately I am not in the position to do that so would be great to hear from you who actually used both cameras!

Thanks
Nik

Welcome to the forum.

I couldn't find the specs for those exact cameras...but I'm guessing that they are very similar. Noise may or may not be a problem for either camera...however, they both have very small sensors, which will lead to noise images, especially at high ISO.

I don't know for sure, but it would be my guess that one of them is a newer version and the other one has been discontinued. I would go with the newer one.

Actually, my recommendation would be to consider your budget and look at a Digital SLR camera like the Canon Rebel XTi or the Nikon D40.

As with Mike, I would suggest getting the newer S9600. The 7000 looks as though it wasn't that well known (a bit like the Fuji F20 compact), and newer cameras are almost always better, so I'd recommend that.

I own an S7000 and I can highly recommend it. The RAW files are a waste of time (bad software). The image quality is great and can be used for 8" x 10" prints easily, possibly larger. I was surprised the lowest ISO was 200, but I thought noise was well controlled. There is really only two ISO settings as the 800 setting brings the resolution to 3MP. The bulb exposure mode is a waste of time again - it doesn't let you use longer exposures than 15 seconds.

I'd be willing to sell mine if you want to buy - it has the adapter ring that, since it is discontinued might be hard to get hold of, and some filters. If you're in Scotland I'd sell, I wouldn't want to travel to sell it or have you travel.

It is actually a great camera, for me anyway. The creative controls are good and the camera is simple to use.

Most reactions

Back