What's new

Full flaps

Onerider

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
188
Reaction score
27
Location
Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee Misplaced Texan
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$Full Flaps.webp
 
Nice catch. What kind of bird is that, some sort of woodpecker? I've fed birds and never seen one of those, but maybe it's a bird whose range doesn't extend up to here.

I'd try to darken the background. It has a harsh quality, making me think you used a very old lens, and it's also very light in some places, so the bird doesn't stand out the way it should.
 
It's a Nuthatch. I didn't try to mess with this, but you're right. Maybe I'll go back to it. It just struck me funny so I slapped it on here.
 
I like shots like this where the action is frozen in an interesting way. I could almost imagine the bird hovering and gently lighting on the feeder. I do think the background is a bit busy which makes the photo a little bit hard to fully appreciate. But very nice, interesting photo!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom