Fun With Extension Tubes (5 pics)

..........but I really like the way the 50 works out, though the dof isn't where I would like it to be, yet...........

Time to start doing focus stacks.

Been reading up on it. . I am not a Luddite by any means, but am intimidated by the programs. . . .any tips you can share?

I KNOW I will need to learn it, especially as I get into living things. The focus rail, 28-90 macro and shooting in A priority has been a big help, but I know stacking is inevitable.

........ but am intimidated by the programs. . . .any tips you can share?.............

Software is the easy part. It's getting the raw images that tests one's patience.

Especially when you're working with razor-thin DOF. It's incredibly easy to 'miss' a slice and end up with a blurry spot in the final image.

........ but am intimidated by the programs. . . .any tips you can share?.............

Software is the easy part. It's getting the raw images that tests one's patience.

Especially when you're working with razor-thin DOF. It's incredibly easy to 'miss' a slice and end up with a blurry spot in the final image.

A lot of the software I have looked at requires inputs of x and y axis, pixel count, 88 gigawatts of energy to get the flux capacitor going, hell, I dunno, just stuff that seems over my head. . . I'm no dummy, but I would like to just put in the frames, hit enter, and have it done. You're 110% right about getting the dof right, even WITH a focus rail, it has taken a lot of tweaking to get things "just so" for the few crumby shots I've shared.

A lot of the software I have looked at requires inputs of x and y axis, pixel count, 88 gigawatts of energy to get the flux capacitor going, hell, I dunno, just stuff that seems over my head. . . .......

Mine just asks for the images. I then click on "Do Stack".

A lot of the software I have looked at requires inputs of x and y axis, pixel count, 88 gigawatts of energy to get the flux capacitor going, hell, I dunno, just stuff that seems over my head. . . .......

Mine just asks for the images. I then click on "Do Stack".

What are you using? That sounds more my speed! lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back