Fungus Among Us

Oooh.....Believe that's a chicken mushroom. I'd have to see the bottom of it. Should be pale with pinholes. No gills. Looks like the critters have gotten to it, but it's highly sought after.

They must be cooked before eating. But have the consistency and taste of chicken breast. Vegetarians love them.

But have the consistency and taste of chicken breast. Vegetarians love them.

From Wikipedia - In some cases eating the mushroom "causes mild reactions . . . for example, "swollen lips" or in rare cases "nausea, vomiting, dizziness and disorientation" to those who are sensitive.

Think I'll stick to chicken!!!!!!!

But have the consistency and taste of chicken breast. Vegetarians love them.

From Wikipedia - In some cases eating the mushroom "causes mild reactions . . . for example, "swollen lips" or in rare cases "nausea, vomiting, dizziness and disorientation" to those who are sensitive.

Think I'll stick to chicken!!!!!!!

Lol. Well, I and many others have never experienced anything like that. More than likely if not cooked. I've eaten many different wild mushrooms without an issue. But, I had good teachers and many years of finding them. Proper knowledge and preparation is key. If you're not 100% sure of the mushroom.....don't eat it. Simple as that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back