Funhouse Fun!

desertdave

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Brighton Beach funhouse. Bright and saturated...just they are supposed to be.
DSC_0540_1_2_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_0552_3_4_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_0576_7_8_tonemapped.jpg

Yeah I think you're generally picking "not the best subject" for HDRs.

Yea your right not the best subject matter. Unfortunatly my photoshop skills are pretty bad. I will try and work these from the best of the 3 shot bracket and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the honest input it really helps.

^^^ what he said.

Yea your right not the best subject matter. Unfortunatly my photoshop skills are pretty bad. I will try and work these from the best of the 3 shot bracket and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the honest input it really helps.

And just as a general quick-tip... 3 shots often isn't enough, and if you're using the built-in bracketing, you're probably going like 2-stops of light difference per shot (maybe!). Take 5+ shots ranging from everything in the shot being pitch black except the brightest part of the scene, all the way to everything in the shot being washed out except the darkest part of the scene. Usually 2-3 "stops" difference (varying only shutter time, not aperture).

Pick scenes that have areas that would either be blown our or insanely dark with a single exposure. A really good example is a picture of a building where the sun is on the opposite side of the building from you, or inside in a dark room on a sunny day looking towards a window.

Great tip thanks. Unfortunately I was tripod less and the d90 I think only takes 3 shot brackets (fired in rapid succession). I guess I really need to use a tripod and manually take the exposures like you suggest. This will have to wait till I get back stateside, home in Florida. I can't wait! So much to shoot and I will have some time to do it. Thanks again for the tips. The online mag. Bynx suggested is really good A lot of useful info.

Most reactions

Back