funky STL industrial / riverfront early a.m. shots

brandonvoges

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.native411.com
hey everybody, this is my official second posting of pics. i was out this morning (way to early for a human to be conscious) close to downtown St. Louis and the riverfront. I would love to know what you all think, as I am such a rookie and looking for any feedback. again, thank you all so much.

i'm going to go ahead and throw them all in one string, hope thats not a big deal...and here we goooooo... :D

moontree.jpg

moontree

morningtree.jpg

morningtree

rivercolumns.jpg

rivercolumns 01

rivercolumns_03.jpg

rivercolumns 02

dogtracks.jpg

dogtracks

morningtracks.jpg

morningtracks

dirtboard.jpg

dirtboard

rickygoggles.jpg

and this one for fun...its my roommate Ricky...and these are his official Ricky Goggles. silly fool.

thanks again everyone,
Brandon

My two favorites are the dogtracks and the river columns.

River columns -- In this picture the color gradients are very interesting while working well with the details of the river colums..

Dogtracks -- off these pictures this is my favorite one. I have been sitting here wondering if the image should be cropped to make the lonely look of the dog more dramatic. I like the way the curiosity and loneliness of the dog has been capture. Also the tracks add to this emotion as though he is a dog out to face the world on its own.. As for the tracks I believe the accent of grass in them really made this picture work well. One could go on for quite a while about this picture. exellent shot :!: :D

thanks a bunch...the dogtracks was one of my faves too. funny thing about that dog (he was among a pack...kindof freaked me out), is that none of them would come anywhere near me. I missed out on a bunch of great shots of them because I left my other lens with a friend who was shooting in another area. ugh! typical, huh? :D

I usually miss the great shots not because I left a lens somewhere, but because I left my camera someplace. I really need to learn to carry it around more. :?

The first photo is very nice by his simplicity.
The one with the dog is very funny, it's like he missed his train :wink: [/url]

River columns #1: This one is really nice. I like the depth of the columns, and the way it contrasts with the flatness of the background created by the patterns of the bridge. I like how you have dark shadowed objects framing the brighter sky. The tops of the columns are purple, almost matching the water, and the blue on the columns seems to match the blue of the sky. The orange through the middle inhances both cooler colors. And most of all, I like how you've filled the entire image.

Portrait of Ricky: This is my other favorite. I like the close up, off center composition. And the inclusion of a personal prop is something I like to do also.

The others are nice too, but these were my favorites.

very nice photos, you have great content here (u've got the eye :wink: ) ... excellent clarity and composure... photos are crisp and clear ... you've got a great camera there, what are u using?

i would have love to see these slightly bigger to get more absorbed and wrapped up (500-600 pixels width) :D

Thank you for the comments. The lighting this morning was very good to me and lucky...and so was the security guard who let me go because they were getting ready to change shifts and he didn't feel like doing paperwork. :D sometimes things just work out.

I was shooting with a Canon 10d with a 28-80 (i think) Tamron lens.

I'm going to be shooting again in the next few days, and will hopefully be posting more images soon. I'll up the size a bit if next time.

thanks again...
bv

I like them all for a variety of reasons but a common one is the quality of the shots.
It just had to be a 10D camera didn't it?
I really think people are taking pics with top of the line cameras and then saying they're using a 10D just to see me drool.

The first picture could be used for a postcard - winter greeting card 8)
I like it very much, for the occasion.
The photo with the dog is really pleasant and funny ...
Great shots anyway!

Most reactions

Back