Funny News?

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Woman Fined - Registered Cows As Voters

LONDON (AP) - Brenda Gould is in trouble again for registering her cows as voters.

For the second year running, the woman from Newmarket, near Cambridge in eastern England, has listed two names on the registration form who turned out to be cows, East Cambridgeshire District Council said Thursday.

The previous year, in addition to registering two cows as Henry and Sophie Bull, she listed Jake Woofles - later found to be a dog - as eligible to vote in local government elections, the council said.

This year she indicated that her address had been split into two properties, that she resided in one part and that two other persons lived in the second, a council spokesman said. The persons she claimed lived in the second property were, in fact, her cows, the spokesman said.

Gould had been scheduled to appear at Ely Magistrates Court on Tuesday but did not arrive. She was convicted in her absence and ordered to pay a 100-pound fine ($251 Cdn) and 110 pounds ($276) in costs.

"This was the second time that Mrs. Gould had given false information on electoral forms and so, regrettably, the council felt it was necessary to take action to prevent this abuse of the election system from continuing," said Maggie Camp, the council's senior legal assistant.

Gould was not available for comment.

:lol:

At least they're not in the country illegally!

airgunr said:
She needs to get PETA involved. They would side with her.

People Eating Tasty Animals......

Those people drive me nuts. They would not be happy with you avatar :) You would be exploiting animals. They don't even want people to have pets. I agree with humane treatment for animals but they go too far sometimes... end rant. :lol:

Most reactions

Back