Gabby Treed a Raccoon!

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Miss Gabby is an ooooold dog, she is pretty slow moving but loves to sniff things out on our walks. A few days ago we were almost back to the house when she spotted something and started to trot!
It was a low speed treeing lol it was super hot and the Raccoon was panting, he kinda just slowly lumbered up the tree knowing she would get there sooner or later but there was no rush.

A while later I went back to check if he was still around and lo and behold he was still milling about near the garden. He saw me and went this far up the tree and no further, apparently the slow dog was more of a threat lol
He stayed for a moment while I snapped a few pictures then decided to come down and lumber away.

C&C always welcome and appreciated :)

That second photo is kinda awesome in the humblest of my o-pine-yuns. Only have seen Raccoons once pretty close and never realized how big they are when they stand up on their hind-legs. They may look cute, but if five of those beasts came attack-style, I'm pretty sure I'd be going to the store for some fresh skivvies.

LOL skivvies. Yeah me too. Definitely an OH $h!t moment.

I love the second shot. He looks like hes smiling for the camera. lol

Nice shots, thanks for sharing. I like the second one best - he (she?) is looking right at you and you have a great catchlight in the eye.

Lol Craig! Thanks :) Yep I'd be with ya needing some fresh skivvies lol I've been around grumpy raccoons and they are pretty nasty!
Thanks Dylan, Carol and WesternGuy :)

Judi, nice 2 pic set. Pic #1 seems to be a little over exposed as the background I'm sure influenced the meter reading. And that darn branch just clipped the ear. Now picture #2, the exposure is perfect as the colors just pop on that Racoon's face.

Hey Joel :) Thanks! I really like how the second one turned out :) The sun came out from the clouds and lit him up nicely.
The first one was kinda hit and miss, he was wayyyy up there and the branches were blowing pretty hard so I did a few bursts to try to catch an opening, the rest of the shots he has leaves over some part of his face.

Judi, it's the final results that count. And the 2nd pic is a winner. Those are the type of pictures that I use spot metering for. All my florals are Center Weighted or full Matrix when I go macro.

The second one is great, the first one not so much. Raccoons are pretty ferocious beasts, I certainly wouldn't want to cross one, and I'm sure your dog is probably happy he treed the critter, and didn't fight it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back