Gaeta.

Roger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mrlowlight.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
About an hour from Rome lies the town of Gaeta, this is the view next to the cathedral.
498891812_zpkzJ-L.jpg

looks very nice. im not sure about the clouds though.

wow i love this picture
the place is beautiful!!
love the stairs and how the statue overlooks the city
great work :)

Great landscape shot

looks very nice. im not sure about the clouds though.

thanks glad you like it....what is it about the clouds that makes you unsure?

wow i love this picture
the place is beautiful!!
love the stairs and how the statue overlooks the city
great work :)

thank you very much :D.

Great landscape shot

thank you.

A true IR shot or an IR conversion? Whatever, it's stunning!

thanks a lot and yes a 'true' IR shot taken with a modded canon 300D....the IR in this shot looks less intense than others from the day, mostly due to cloud cover later in the day.

Nice. I don't know what's wrong with the clouds, I like them personally.. Overall it's a cool shot. I want to see more contrast myself. For some reason, it doesn't really look very "IR" to me though. I probably wouldn't even have realized it if I hadn't read the replies.

Nice. I don't know what's wrong with the clouds, I like them personally.. Overall it's a cool shot. I want to see more contrast myself. For some reason, it doesn't really look very "IR" to me though. I probably wouldn't even have realized it if I hadn't read the replies.

thanks glad you like it...the reduced IR effect is because of the light and perhaps like most people you are used to seeing lots of very white foliage....the grass and small trees in the foreground are white, just not that luminescent in this light.

Beautiful capture.

thanks very much.

Wow....very nice!!!

:O)

thanks a lot.

"WOW!" was my first thought when I saw this photo. It has so many beautiful things going on it in at one time. This is one of the very few shot on here I have called "perfect". I'm not sure why people are dissing the clouds. I think they are beautiful. good job, sir.

Most often a shot like this would come off as too busy for me, but this one works in my humble opinion. Perhaps it's the simple flowing lines of the staircase helping to lead me in. I personally like the wide tonal range of the image - you avoided excess contrast. The only thing that bothers me is the left leaning horizon.

Nice capture.

Marc

"WOW!" was my first thought when I saw this photo. It has so many beautiful things going on it in at one time. This is one of the very few shot on here I have called "perfect". I'm not sure why people are dissing the clouds. I think they are beautiful. good job, sir.

thank you very much :D.

Most often a shot like this would come off as too busy for me, but this one works in my humble opinion. Perhaps it's the simple flowing lines of the staircase helping to lead me in. I personally like the wide tonal range of the image - you avoided excess contrast. The only thing that bothers me is the left leaning horizon.

Nice capture.

Marc

thanks a lot Marc....I did try boosting the blacks a bit, a little too much at first and backed them off for this result....the sloping horizon is an optical illusion as the shoreline moves around, the distant line is quite level.

Most reactions

Back