Galeries Lafayette

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, here is the story behind these images. In Paris I also explored large stores like the Galeries Lafayette. Took some pictures and then suddenly got intercepted by a very bulky security guard, telling me that I was not allowed in there with the camera (while all those people with point and shoot cams around me were happily taking their pictures!!!).

Well he demanded that I would show him the images I already took, which I did and then he demanded that I would delete them (which by law he cannot enforce). Well, his English was not very good, so I started flooding him with complicated sentences until he gave up and sent me to talk to the management or something like that (I guess, since my French is poor and so was his English). Well I just left without any erased images ;)

just posting these because of the story behind them, I know they are not special:

1:
_MG_8066.jpg

2:
_MG_8076.jpg

3:
_MG_8071.jpg

4:
_MG_8079.jpg

5:
_MG_8083.jpg

But wow, the building is special!
And the photos you took (and kept! Tsk-tsk-tsk ;)) are interesting and showing all its intriguing detail.

Funny ... when we had our last year's UK meet-up at the beginning of September, we all took photos inside the Canary Wharf shopping centre and got intercepted by a burly security guard, who also told us that taking pics with compact digital cameras was OK, just not taking them with "those big cameras there". And I am reading on another forum that it is ok to bring pocket digital cameras to concerts, for example (that was in Sweden, I think), but not "pro-cameras", i.e. any kind of SLR/DSLR, which are bigger, blacker, and you have to lift them to your eyes.

How crazy is that, I wonder?
As if you could not take photos with those compact digital cameras, too!?!?! A photo is a photo in the end...

I like that first one a lot. What are you shooting with?

very nice! i really love the fourth one!

The vertical spread on that first picture is amazing. Still trying to figure out how you managed that one. nice

Thanks all :)

The vertical spread on that first picture is amazing. Still trying to figure out how you managed that one. nice

Well, I used an ultrawide angle lens!

well I like it :p

Gorgeous!!!!! Is the first a bit tilty or is it just a perspective thing? Anyhoo, I lovelovelove them!

Gorgeous!!!!! Is the first a bit tilty or is it just a perspective thing? Anyhoo, I lovelovelove them!

It is a problem of using an untrawide angle and not being able to shift my own position freely ...

Most reactions

Back