What's new

Gary Fong Puffer - Pics Inside

I've seen some promising photos showing it does work well. If I ever try it I'm not sure I'll post the results here though :lol:
 
I've seen some promising photos showing it does work well. If I ever try it I'm not sure I'll post the results here though :lol:

The pop up flash is only good for fill on outside portraits you need to get yourself an external flash for good results
 
Just wondering is a old film canister can do the same trick. (Camera build-in flash)

Like the stoefen and the tissue paper the film canister works in a similar manner - stripping out a bit of light and throwing the rest in all directions. So like the tissue paper and the stoefen its good for bounce and whilst it is used for direct flash as well its not "as good" since its again not actually increasing the area of the source of the flash light (remembe when you bounce flash off a wall the wall becomes the source of the light (as far as the subject is concerned) and thus is far larger, and so the light is softer).

Its another cheap and decent tool to use when you don't have a better setup to use (like external flahes, umbrellas and all that other gear). Certainly I would use it over just bare popup flash. It also is popular because its mostly free (least in film days it was totally free since you had to get the film anyway) and waterproof (tissuepaper is somewhat less waterproof).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom