Gave HDR a try

Lunchbox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think this is the second one i have ever done...I am aware of the vignetting and i just wanted to know if it looked a lil overdone or ?

Untitled-1.jpg

I really like this. I love the old buildings like that.

The trees are maybe a tad bit overdone where I can tell it is HDR, but I still really like the image. Great building and I like that you didn't go way overboard. I like more natural HDR.

lyncca, just out of curiosity, what was it about the trees you noticed?...i dont detect any of the telltale glowing here...at least not at this size.

i have recently become interested in HDR, so please share what you see so i know what to avoid and what to look for. :D

They just seem to stick off of the background somehow. I seem to always have this happen with trees. They are also just a little blurry. I don't even know if it is overprocessing, but I see this alot in HDR.

It certainly doesn't ruin the shot :)

Nice shot, and I don't think it's overdone. HDRs often seem to be short on contrast and this might benefit from a little bit more. You can do that by boosting the strength or white-point controls in Photomatix (if that's what you use) or do it with your photo software.

thanks everyone

I agree with the above comments. I'm not a big fan of HDR as I've often seen it done, but yours is excellent. BTW, the vignetting doesn't hurt this one at all.

Ian

looks awesome to me... if anything, you could have probably even pushed it just a hair more but if you're going for a natural looking hdr, i'd say you got it down just right.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back