Gave waterfall photography another shot, C&C please

nmasters

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was in the smokies this past week and tried waterfall photography.
Let me know how I did!
By the way, I edited all of these in Lightroom. I am new with editing, so I'm not sure if I'm doing a good job.
Do you think they're over saturated? I slightly saturated, added contrast, lots of clarity, some fill light, and a few exposure tweaks.

DSC_0077 by nico418, on Flickr

DSC_0168 by nico418, on Flickr

DSC_0087 by nico418, on Flickr

DSC_0062 by nico418, on Flickr
Theres that blueish tint again! It always sneaks up on me!

Thanks!

Waterfalls are difficult to capture.
I find that #3 is the strongest in composition. I like the how the water moves from the upper left to the lower right and ends with the still water.

dxqcanada said:
Waterfalls are difficult to capture.
I find that #3 is the strongest in composition. I like the how the water moves from the upper left to the lower right and ends with the still water.

Yes, I agree. It's a challenge to get the lighting just right. I bracketed all of my shots, and it was hard to choose between a slightly dark, yet more contrasty photo and the slightly blown-out photo that fills the shadows. I tried in-camera HDR, but got mild results.

Wow, nice job! The only real negative thing I see is in #4. Do you notice how the water looks blue? The whole photo has a blue tint to it, unlike the others. Not hard to fix.

Keep up the good work.

oops... just saw your edit about the tint. Its not the strongest image, but give it a tweak & lets see it!

No. 3 is definitely the best of the lot -- I would say the only one worth printing. Nice job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back