G'Day from Oz

Wasp1

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I thought I should make my introductions here even though I have started posting.
A little insight to me is that I am not a beginner but on the other hand I don't know it all.
My trip in the photography world is opening up more and more to me, as I learn.
What better place to learn is become a member of a forum.
I know people here will have a vaster knowledge on what to do better than I do.

My camera is a Sony a77 with a battery pack with it I got the 18/55mm lens which I just think is so good. Plus I went and bought a Sigma 70/300mm with the Macro on it. Then got a dedicated Macro lens as this is what I want to do more. Then I got myself a Tamron 150/600mm lens and I have been doing a lot of moon shots with that one so far.

I live in a grape/orange growing area and we have just over 3000 people here but the major place to us is a place called Mildura. Making our area the Northwest of Victoria. Our actual area is called Sunraysia. And we are just going through a heat wave of so far 4 days of over 40 degree's celsius.

I am no longer a spring chicken makeing me a late starter in the world of photography. Yep, married with 2 adult kids and they have given us 5 great Grandkids.
If you want to know more just ask. So far my time here has been a little off and on as we have a few doctor things to do this month but after this I should become more regular poster here.

Welcome!

Thanks you both for the welcome.

Welcome! Awesome to have you here!

Thanks for the welcome Tiaphoto.
So far I have really enjoyed my time here.

Thanks Binga63 for the welcome.
Being where you are I think you might have much more to take shot of that where I am.

Welcome aboard, from a bit south of Washington, DC.

Thanks for the welcome Snowbear.
Like your avatar to.

Hi and welcome. If you like the150/600mm lens, you've got to try a 400-800 lens. I got the one for my Nikon and just love it. Great glass.

Thanks for the welcome Watchful.
I will check out that lens and see what happen from there.
Also thanks for the head up on that to

Nguyentrungkien I have had a look for one for a Sony but it still has the 800mm but I just forget the first part of it, thought I think it might be maybe 150/800mm, but please don't quote me on that.

Being where you are I think you might have much more to take shot of that where I am.

Coabangcity not knowing where you are from put me at a disadvantage to agree or disagree with you.
But no mater where you are there are always things that change, though you become to complacent with where you live and look past some stuff. But where I am we do get a good lot of changing but this does not always mean that you want to take a shot of it..
But sometimes no matter where you are you might have to look outside the box. Which I try to do quite a lot as I am sure I have shot quite a lot of my area, but much more to go when I really look.
If I had to pick an area to live in with so much to take photo's of is mid N.S.W.

Most reactions

Back