Gear Bag

photo_DAD

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am currently shopping for a backpack style gear bag for my equipment. I am looking for the following in the backpack: holds one body and multiple lenses, has a compartment and compartments for non camera gear such as extra clothes and food for a hike, and outside pockets, chest and waist strap. Preferably all weather. Any tips and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you

I love my Kata Owl 272, it's a great bag but not a ton of extra space. My wife has a Kata Bumblebee which has more non camera space then the owl, it's a better travel bag IMO.

Kata Bags - Photo Bags, Video Bags, Camera Bags

They have a bag finder that's pretty helpful. Well designed and can take some pretty good punishment without damaging your gear.

Not sure what your budget is, but I use the Lowepro - Photo Trekker AW II for that sort of thing, and it's perfect for the job. I was looking for the same kind of abilities you are when I chose it. It holds everything I need for a photo adventure, including a cool tripod holder system, a place for my drink, and even a little folding field chair I found at the Discovery Channel store that I've attached to it. Beyond how much it holds, it's got real comfort, with lumbar support and a harness system second to none to fit a human comfortably on a long trek.

Mine is similar to Buckster's....I have the Lowepro Compu-trekker AW. It's pretty much the same (maybe a little smaller, as it's not the II model) but mine has a laptop storage area as well. I don't usually put a laptop in there, but it's great for flat storage...magazines etc.

If I were to buy another one, I may look at the Nature-Trekker series.

Most reactions

Back