TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Everyone!

In this you can see two of the Three Sisters in Glencoe, Scotland. The one in the middle is called Gearr Aonach (and no, I don't know how to pronounce that either!) I took this last year on the way back from a trip up North with work and stopped for a quick rest break in Glencoe, I'd have loved to have shown all three sisters together but unfortunatley the sun was just over the right hand side of the hills in this photo and though it looked amazing when I was there it proved difficult to translate into a photograph as the light was a bit too bright. This has been stiched together in Photoshop from 10 photos and edited in Lightroom. As always I'd appreciate some C&C as I'm trying to impove my shots.

Gearr Aonach by wee_pete, on Flickr

There's a much bigger verson (3000px on the long side) on my Flickr page if you'd like to see it bigger

Last edited:
Cool shot. The large shadow coming from the left and the left face of the middle mountain being essentially black bug me about this photo. Cool scene, nonetheless. Would have been better shot in different light.

I wish my work brought me by this kind of scenery.

Thanks guys.

I'll admit I was a bit lazy last night, I really should have lightened the face a bit more before I posed but I was kinda worried that if I went too far it would look a bit unreal. Anyway I've adjusted it with a few local masks in lightroom to lighen it a bit and blend it a bit better. Also adjusted the white balance on the snow covered peak in the background as it was too blue and bugging me

Hi sorry to bother people but do you happen to know anyone interested in taking on an apprentice in photography as I love taking photos of Landscapes and a few time lapse shots butI would Love to learn more about photography any help would be appreciated Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Hey Thero, I'm just a hobbiest mate so cant really help. Try posting in this forum section of the forum The Aspiring Professionals Forum or do a search on the forums, I know it's been asked before. One of the best ways to learn is to post some of your pics in a new thread and ask for critique in the galleries. From there you can develop your skills.

Very nice. I hope you plan on printing this LARGE. I bet you can get lost in the details.
I can tell a small version just doesn't do it justice.

Cheers mate, I probably won't print this version though. I'd prefer to go back again and try and get all three sister in with slightly better lighting, which admittedly might be difficult as it's a this is facing west and to the east is even bigger and even steeper mountains. Plus if it was a lot bigger I'd have to fix some of the stuff you can't see because of the downsizing!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back