Gears

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
B&W seems to be the best for these photos.

1) This was on the spillway of the lake

$Lake Overholser-1-Edit.jpg

2) Close up of the gears

$Lake Overholser-6-Edit.jpg

3) Gears that open the spillway

$Lake Overholser-16.jpg

4) All lined up.

$Lake Overholser-18-Edit.jpg

5) Gears on a train wheel.

$Photowalk with Bob-23-Edit.jpg

6) Bicycle gears, a little worn.

$untitled-2-2-Edit.jpg

My favorite is #3. I like the silhouette of the person in the background and how it is framed.

To be honest, the compositions feel a little weak to me, especially 1&2. #'s 3-5 are stronger compositions.

My favorite is #3. I like the silhouette of the person in the background and how it is framed.

To be honest, the compositions feel a little weak to me, especially 1&2. #'s 3-5 are stronger compositions.

Thanks jenko. I would agree that #3 is probably the best of this set. Not my best work on this set, but was noticing the theme. Something to revisit later in the spring or summer.

My vote goes to 3 & 5. I like #4 also, but I think it might benefit to crop a bit off the top....what bothers me about it, is that horizontal bar and the little bit of sky that shows within it on the left.

Nice shots. 3,5,6 in that order

Hey Ron, I know contrast is a matter of taste, but how about bumping it up a notch on 1 and 2 and a tighter crop on 2

View attachment 67337$Lake%20Overholser-6-Editb.jpg

3,4 and 5 for me.Theses are cool.Good eye Ron and I agree about the B&W being the best.

1&2 lack that interest I usually look for and the fence is a bit distracting. 3 is by far my favorite, it just gives an industrial feel to me or a sense that the gear has purpose or something I can't really convey right now. I also like the edit on 4. Which reservoir where you at?

No 3 - good use of perspective

Thank you sashbar

3,4 and 5 for me.Theses are cool.Good eye Ron and I agree about the B&W being the best.

Thank you DarkShadow

1&2 lack that interest I usually look for and the fence is a bit distracting. 3 is by far my favorite, it just gives an industrial feel to me or a sense that the gear has purpose or something I can't really convey right now. I also like the edit on 4. Which reservoir where you at?

Thank you EOV. I was at Lake Overholser in OKC, OK.

For me is #3 the best as well and I think, that #4 has more potential. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back