Geese and a robin

emptypockets

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of our local ponds is a hotspot for Canadian geese. I was able to take some decent shots of them, and posted two of the best. Also, I did a reedit of a robin in our back yard and posted that as well. C&C please.

geese21.jpg

geese.jpg

robin3.jpg

Its tricky to get those dark headed geese to look right in the strong sun, often it ends up with the dark areas losing detail. Best thing is to try and get the sun behind you and focused on the bird - after that I would recomend shooting in RAW as you can get more control over lighting in a shot. After that I would strongly recomend getting low down for such shots - as low as you can with the camera (often that means looking a mad fool and lying flat on the ground) but it adds so much to wildlife shots.
You are already getting the eye contact, now lets see those eyes in detail :)
The robin shot looks really good, but my only nit-pick is the colours look to false on the bird - looks more like a painting. I tried playing around with the shot and I think lowering the temerpature (reducing the reds) a little and also reducing the saturation improves the look of the bird. Aside from that a really good shot - clear and sharp with eyecontact

Thanks for the comments so far. These were taken in RAW, so I do have the original files to go back to and edit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back